March 18, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

Growing up my mom always did a lot for holidays. Although St. Patrick's Day is a small one, she still celebrated. She would dye our food green for the day. I decided to carry on this fun tradition. For breakfast I made green eggs & ham and cream of wheat. For dinner it was ham with a mustard brown sugar glaze and mashed potatoes. And then of course there was milk for both meals.

Cream of wheat

Green eggs & ham

The completed meal

Mustard brown sugar glaze on ham w/ mashed potatoes

While these all look absolutely disgusting, they were all very delicious! Allan thought it was pretty cool. I love food coloring!

2 comments:

Miranda said...

WOW that food look sick! You are so cool. I totally thought about pulling out the food color but it seemed a little silly when I was fixing food just for myself. Maybe next year :)

Emily said...

I have a great recipe for Green Eggs that does not include food coloring. You steam spinache, puree it, and add it to the eggs. I can send it to you to try if you'd like. It's from Jessica Seinfield's "Deceptively Delicious" book, that help make your meals more healthy without your family knowing it :)