March 24, 2010

Some Much Needed Sleep

A couple of weeks ago I got an infection and it has steadily gotten worse. This infection causes excruciating pain and so I haven't been sleeping much the last few days. I think I'm averaging about 4-5 hours a night. Last night, after falling asleep on the couch, Allan got me up and sent me to bed. He took my books and phone away from me (and put my phone on silent even - in the other room!) so I wouldn't be distracted by anything. He then stayed up late with Lindy so that I could sleep. I felt bad because he had to get up early and I didn't, but he wouldn't hear it. He insisted I get sleep (at his expense). Although I felt bad, it felt so good to sleep! And to top it off, Lindy ended up sleeping all day long. It was nice to finally catch up.

Because of the medication I'm on, I was feeling pretty loopy today so after Allan got home from work, he went to town cleaning up our place. He did the dishes, cleaned up the kitchen, folded laundry & even bathed Lindy. I got to just chill & take it easy. I have the most wonderful husband in the whole world! He really takes good care of me. :)

2 comments:

Liz said...

That is soooo sweet! I mean, I always knew he was awesome, but wow! What a great hubby and daddy! I'm so glad that he is soo good to you. What a guy!

Kate said...

It must be in the blood... Julio will do those kinds of things too! Keep up being an awesome Dad and husband Allan!!