March 22, 2010

One Tough Baby

Lindy got her 2 month shots today. Originally Allan was going to take her in for them because I knew that I would probably cry right along with her, but after having to take a sick day, he just couldn't. I was dreading it so much. It's so hard to watch your child hurting. I had a hard time watching her get her heel pricked in NICU so I knew this would be really bad. However, all my stressing was for naught.

When the nurse gave Lindy her shots, she definitely started crying, but it wasn't the scream I was anticipating. It was just a mild cry. And she only cried for 20-30 seconds. My baby is SO TOUGH! I should've known. In NICU she didn't even cry when they pricked her heel. I was so relieved! And to top it all off, when I was putting her pants back on her she was smiling! Once again, so tough!

She is now 9 lbs. 6 oz. & 20 1/2 in. long. She's getting so big! She's now in the 13th percentile for her weight and 1st percentile for her length so technically she's not that big, it just seems like it to us. But she's beautiful and very healthy.

No comments: