March 31, 2010

Festival of Colors

Last weekend we went to the Festival of Colors. It's a celebration to welcome the spring. It is held at the Krishna Temple in Spanish Fork. After the emcee counts down, everybody throws chalk at everybody else. It is such a blast! We went with our friends Mike & Megan and Seth & Cindy. It was so great. We were covered in chalk even before the countdown. But after the countdown, it was crazy! The chalk dust was so thick we couldn't see the sun and could only see about 10 ft in front of us. We had to breathe through our shirts for a bit too. And while the chalk bag says it's edible, that stuff tastes NASTY! It was totally worth it though. We're all definitely going next year and the next, and the next, etc. :)

Before the fight

After the fight - front side

After the fight - back side

The four of us
(We lost Seth & Cindy in the crowd.)

The crowd

My closeup

1 comment:

Judith Coody said...

The other day I saw people walking down the street in my neighborhood covered with chalk. I thought, how weird. Now, I know - I still think, how weird.