May 26, 2009

Saturday Is A Special Day

For those who read the post title and then finish it with, "It's the day we get ready for Sunday!" I commend you. ;)

Saturday was a great day for us. Allan got 4 sales in only 3 hours!! The great thing about this is that on Saturdays, if you get at least 4 sales, you get paid $100 for each of them upfront. We're very excited about this! I think Allan has finally found his groove and is doing great! I'm still working on finding my groove.

While I was knocking, I ran into a guy who was so incredibly friendly and nice to me. It was the first time I'd gotten it that whole day. He declined, but it was great to meet someone so friendly. After I walked away, I somehow knew that he was LDS. I really don't know how I knew, but I did. I just did. I kept knocking doors, but couldn't stop thinking about that. So after a few doors later, I went back to his house and explained that I wasn't trying to sell him, I just had a question and proceeded to ask him if he was LDS. He was! I told him I just had to ask and told him how we'd just moved here from UT and it was nice to come across people with the same beliefs because it really is a different culture down here. We talked a bit more and came to find that he met his wife at the singles ward in the same church building Allan and I attend. It was so cool! Even though he didn't buy, I was so happy. It really was a cool experience to just know that he was a member, even though I didn't have any real reason to. Maybe we really are just a peculiar people and stand out like that. I don't know, but it made my day.

After I ran into that guy, my day just got better. I kept knocking doors and came across a house that had speakers attached to the garage and one above the front porch & the guy was playing some awesome blues and jazz music. So after Allan got his fourth sale, I had him come over to my area and we asked the man who lived there if we could just dance in his driveway. He let us and even watched for a bit. It was great! It was a perfect way to end the day. I wanted to just keep dancing all day, but the heat & humidity (which we hear isn't even bad yet :S) started getting to us so we left. But it was the perfect ending of the day.

1 comment:

Miranda said...

I never even talked to you about this. I read it and forgot about it. That is so cool you ran into another member and could tell there was something different. It's always nice to have those moments when it's clear that living the gospel does make life better. I've been thinking a lot lately about how lucky I am to be a member and all the things I don't ever worry about because there are certain things that aren't a part of my life.

Anywhoo.... that its so cool about the live band that seems like one of those experiences you just take a mental picture of.. one of those experiences that make life so much fun. I am so glad you and Allan have dancing in common it's so obvious how much dancing together strengthens your marriage and makes it so much fun!