May 20, 2009

A Harsh Reminder

Yesterday I had an awakening of just how good I've got it. I knocked on a lady's door and she wanted pest control so she started filling out the form. The whole time we had to whisper because her husband doesn't like his TV shows being interrupted. I thought he must be a jerk just because of that. But then, he called her inside and proceeded to rip her up one side and then down the other. I could hear him yelling at her from outside the closed door! I was LIVID! I couldn't believe he was treating his wife that way. After a few minutes of this, she came outside and apologized for it. I felt so awful! I told her I was sorry if I got her in trouble. She then said that it didn't matter. She's the one who pays all the bills so if she wants bug spray, she's going to buy bug spray. I was amazed at how strong she was, but was still so angry about her being treated that way. Especially when she's the one working to pay the bills so that her husband can sit on his butt watching TV and screaming at her. 

I realized that I am so incredibly lucky to have such a good husband. He has NEVER yelled at me. Not only that, but he helps me out with the dishes and laundry all the time. I know that I can ask him to help with anything and he'll do it. Once again, I'm so lucky. It was a harsh reminder to not take the good people in my life for granted.

2 comments:

Miranda said...

YIKES! That is crazy! I don't know how women like that do it. Thanks for reminding ME how lucky I am :)

The Browns said...

Wow... that is amazing! You do have a great man and we are both very lucky to be loved the way that we are! Thanks for that!