May 26, 2009

Rain & It's Consequences

                                          

So for all those in UT, this is the kind of storm we get down here apparently. And the video doesn't do it justice! It rained even harder after I filmed this. The grass was totally flooded! 

Pete, Whitney, Chadd, Allan and I were all playing games in our apartment when this started. Those of us from UT (so everyone minus Chadd) just stopped and went to the balcony to watch. I've never seen anything like it! We were all in awe (Chadd kept laughing at us because he's used to it). It was so awesome!

We went outside and found that there was a pond in the courtyard of the apartments and one of the other salesmen & his wife were out there playing in it. By the time we got out there, it was only up to our calves. Originally it was up to their knees. Pete got his body board and we played in the pond. I think we all crashed, but had a blast! I love the TX rain! It's warm!

After the pond had drained (we really hate that drain), we all went & jumped into the pool to wash off all the grass and junk off of us. It really was a lot of fun. The only bad thing about it was that although my pump is waterproof, it decided not to be that day. It is completely ruined and I now have to buy another one. *BIG SIGH* 

Pumps are incredibly expensive and I can't get the same one I had since they stopped making them last month. I have to find a new one and learn how to use it. It's a little overwhelming, but hey, at least I've got Pete down here so I can borrow some of his insulin. It's been rough though. I'm just guessing at how much to take since I don't do it. Yesterday I went from below 30 all the way to 500. I think it's a record. Needless to say, I'm not feelin' all that hot. 

I was slightly bugged that it happened on a Sunday when the next day was a holiday so I couldn't get in touch with my doctor until today. I'm still waiting for him to call me back. But on the bright side, at least we're on military benefits now so we won't have to pay nearly as much as we would've before. We're hoping we'll only have to pay about $750. :P I still love the rain though!!

No comments: