May 2, 2009

Up and Moving

It's been forever since I posted. I'm just going to give a quick update. For those who don't know, we are moving to Texas for the summer. Allan is going to sell pest control with his brother, Peter, in Houston. We thought that I was going to have to stay home by myself all summer but at the very last minute, everything worked out and I am going! I'm so excited!

It was crazy getting things ready. We couldn't have done it without Brad and Miranda and my family. I'm so grateful for good friends and family to help us out! We packed everything on Friday and then left this morning (Saturday). We ended up buying a trailer and a hitch for our car so we could take Allan's motorcycle down with us (and also more of our stuff). We're leaving our furniture at home since we're just coming back this fall. We're going to buy some cheap stuff in Houston and then sell it at the end of the summer. We keep getting funny looks from people passing us when they realize it's a car towing the trailer though. And the car is so packed, you can't see out the back window. It's pretty funny looking.

We wanted to stop at Four Corners and even drove all the way out there (18 miles off our course), but when we got there, we were told that they only accept cash and we didn't have any so we had to turn around and go back. We were so annoyed. I was really looking forward to it. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to do it on our way back.

We are currently in Albuquerque for the night. I don't think we could make the 24 hour drive in one trip. It's so nice to relax. Allan is a total stud and drove the whole 12 hours to Albuquerque because driving makes me tired and there's no way I could've done it. I only slept for an hour on the way down though. Our car is so packed that it's just too hard to get comfortable. We've certainly enjoyed each other's company though and we've made it this far without any mishaps. *Knock on wood*

1 comment:

Liz said...

You guys bought a trailer?? I'm glad you guys are getting there. Good luck, Benjamin misses you allready. I don't know how he is going to live without his Uncle Allan. Keep us "Posted"