June 2, 2009

Quilts Galore!

Recently I've really taken to quilting. Before I got married I had started a few quilts and only finished one. Now, I've finished quite a few. I don't know what changed, but all of a sudden I have a lot of patience for it and really enjoy it. Here are some pictures of the quilts I've made.


This first picture is of my sister holding the quilt I made her for her graduation present (and finished almost a year after). It's a random shag. It has everything from cows to rockets. She had to put the squares in the order she wanted them in because I kept trying to find some sort of pattern and just couldn't do it. It drove me crazy. My sister is about 6' tall so this is a fairly decent sized quilt.



This quilt is the one that I started back in high school and although it's not completely finished because I still have to get it quilted and bind it, etc., the top of it is done & I consider it a huge accomplishment. It's purple and green and is HUGE. I really like it though. The squares in the middle look white, but are actually a light lime green.




This next one is a baby shag that I made for our friend, Jess. Or rather, for her baby. I love it! I definitely have a thing for animal quilts for babies. Allan actually helped me sew it because he wanted to say that it came from both of us. 




This next one is the quilt that Miranda asked me to help her make for her new niece. It's also a shag but instead of squares, we did it in strips. We whipped it out in just a few hours and it turned out great, if I do say so myself. :)





This next one is one that I made for my niece, Abby. It's the first quilt I've finished that isn't a shag! So in other words, my first binded quilt. I'm really happy with how it turned out. I hope she likes it.




I have definitely saved the best for last. This quilt is the first applique I've ever done. Originally I started it to give away, but after putting in SO MUCH time, energy, effort and money, I just couldn't give it away. So I'm keeping it for when I have a little girl. It is certainly the most extravagent quilt I've done. I absolutely love it. The pictures really don't do it justice. And although this one isn't finished either (still needs to be quilted and binded), I finished the top and therefore it's being put on the blog.



3 comments:

Miranda said...

I am so glad you posted these pictures! I am so impressed with how cute all of these quilts are. You definitely have a gift for quilting! It goes without saying how much I love the dress quilt but the one you did for Abby turned out SO cute! Liz is going to love it. Thanks again for helping with that shag for Stacy, I LOVE how it turned out and she really seemed to like it. Thanks for helping me to be the cool sister-in-law :)I am so excited for you to finish this sail boat quilt, it's going to be so cute! I hope you can find the motivation after the problems with the fabric sizes.

....and feel free to try out those bags anytime you want :)

It was good to talk to you today it's so nice to have someone I feel I can talk to about everything. The good, the bad, and the ugly.


AND... I read your blog:) I promise to make more comments. I know how lame it is to post and have no one respond so I pledge to do better.

Liz said...

Lexi, the quilt is sooooo cute! Thank you! I haven't checked my mail yet, because we just got back from Reno tonight. but I will tomorrow. But it looks great! Thank you.

Michelle said...

Wow! You've been busy! That's great! They are all really cool! I should make a quilt one of these days...