November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010

I love Halloween. I love dressing up, I love trick-or-treating (I went until I was a senior in high school and cannot wait to take Lindy next year!) and I absolutely LOVE candy! Seriously, whoever came up with the whole idea of Halloween was brilliant. I usually go all out for costumes, but this year, I just didn't have the energy. I did try though. We dressed up for Allan's work party and I was going to finish the costumes for the next day, but never did. Because our costumes weren't completely finished for the work party, I didn't take pictures and then didn't dress up after. On the 30th (Halloween in UT when the 31st is on Sunday), I ended up having problems with my pump and my blood sugar skyrocketed. I couldn't get it down for several hours. When it finally did come down, I couldn't get it back up. So like I said, I was just too tired for dressing everybody up. But I'll tell you about our costumes since I don't have pictures.

We went as Earth, Wind & Fire, one of my favorite bands ever! Lindy was earth. I put her in a green dress with brown pants and brown boots. I glued flowers all over her dress and made her a headdress with little leaves and berries all over it. She looked darling! Sadly, she didn't like the head piece much and kept pulling it off. Oh well.

I was wind. I wore a long, sparkly silver skirt with a short-sleeved, shimmery silver top and a light blue, long-sleeved shirt underneath. I also had silver and light blue streamers hanging from my arms. I also had blue eyeshadow that went past my eyes and almost to my hairline (going sideways). I drew wind bursts coming from the sides of my eyes. It actually looked pretty cool and I had someone guess what I was just by the makeup because I didn't have my costume on at the time.

Allan was fire. He had a bright orange shirt on. Our newspaper bags come in red, orange and yellow so I cut them up and attached them to his shirt. He was supposed to wear a bright orange leisure suit (ya know, disco style to matche the times of Earth, Wind and Fire), but it didn't come in time. I was sad about that.

To top it all off, Allan and I had fro wigs and all 3 of us had microphones that I made from a paper towel roll and tin foil. So we dressed as the elements with some 70's disco flair thrown in to authenticate it. It was a blast! I just wish we had pictures!

We did go to my parents' house for chili and cinnamon rolls (a Halloween tradition) and it was delicious! My mom even got me gluten free cinnamon rolls so I wouldn't be left out. She's so awesome!

Every year, my brother, Jackson, makes a haunted house. Due to the high winds this year and everything getting blown down, he couldn't do it. Instead, he built an amazing enclosure going up the stairs to the front porch with walls, caskets, freaky clowns, trees, motion sensored psycho man, black lights, etc. Some kids were too scared to come to the door and just passed by. One little girl screamed hysterically when the psycho man went off and couldn't stop crying. It was sad, but funny. He did a great job. Once again, I wish I had pictures!!

It's not her costume, butBrad did send me this picture of Lindy. How cute is she?! Miranda put her in it when they came to carve pumpkins.

After dinner, we went to Seth & Cindy's house in Provo for games.

1 comment:

Kate said...

SO fun... she is so adorable. It will be fun to see pictures of you guys next year. I look forward to it.