January 5, 2010

Goodbye 2009!


December came and went in a flash! I can't believe how time flies. Our holiday season was full of family, parties, Christmas lights at Temple Square and fun. We got to go to my family Christmas party which was a blast. My extended family is HUGE (my dad is 9 of 10 kids)! Allan is still working on getting names down, but is getting better. We always eat and play games and one specific tradition is playing Seven On The Line at the end of the party. It's a game where you all get in a line and shoot once from the free throw line. However many people in a row make it is how many points there are on the line. If you miss, you subtract that many points from your original 7. When you're out of points, you're out of the game. Allan doesn't play sports, but I was SO impressed with his shooting skills! He managed to stay in for a long time, even under my little brother's constant heckling of "NO PRESSURE!" He even stayed in longer than Chelsea, who is on a basketball scholarship! Who knew?! My dad won this year (and last) so I was proud. :)

It was a blast to have Chelsea home for the holidays. We got to meet her boyfriend, Andrew and we all love him. He's really patient with her and takes all our teasing in stride. He started to tease us about getting Baby U of U clothing but we told him we'd get him Yankees apparel in return (he's a die hard Red Sox fan). He got the point pretty quickly. Ha ha! It was nice for me to have someone to hang out with during the day as I'm home all day by myself. She even went to a doctor appt with me and got to see an ultrasound of Baby for the first time. I think she's about as excited for Baby to come as we are. She likes to use my belly button as a microphone and talk to her. She also like to get after her and tell her to be nice when she was kicking me. I loved watching. I'm excited for Chelsea to come back home right after Baby is born.

We spent Christmas with Allan's family this year up in Smithfield (Logan). From what I understand, it was the first time all 4 siblings were there for Christmas in about 8 years or so. We taught them how to play Nertz and played it a lot! It was a lot of fun to watch them learn and get mad at each other when they beat them to a card. But we're definitely up for a rematch anytime! (Hint to Liz & Isaac)

For New Year's we went dancing (of course!) and had a great time. I'm surprised I had the energy to dance AND stay up until midnight, but somehow managed. We're so glad to have dancing in common. It really brings us together.

HAPPY 2010!

No comments: