January 23, 2010

The Emotional Aspect

Having a baby is the most amazing experience. That is also the biggest understatement of the century. I had been so nervous about it until right before I went in. We had a blast dancing our hearts out at ULX so that probably helped distract me. Miranda came over on Sunday to help me finish some things up before I had to go into the hospital and she couldn't believe how calm I was. I think she was freaking out far more than I was. I'm so grateful for priesthood blessings that allowed me so much peace about the whole thing.

Because of the c-section, I couldn't see Lindy when she was born. However, that didn't stop the wave of emotion that washed over me when I first heard her cry. I was not expecting it. It hit me so hard and it was so overwhelming (not in a bad way) that all I could do was cry. I had tears streaming down my face. I had no idea that I could love someone SO much and so quickly. I knew I would do absolutely anything for that little girl that I hadn't even laid eyes on. It was amazing. I know Allan felt it too because he started tearing up as well. He was just stronger and held the tears back. Our little family had finally started and it felt wonderful!

It's mind boggling to think that this child was so recently in heaven and is so perfect. I was in awe that I could be trusted with the responsibility of taking care of someone so precious and teaching her the right.

A few people have asked me how it feels to be a mom and all I can think is that there is no way to explain it to someone who doesn't have children. You can try, but no words will ever sufficiently explain the absolute love you feel for this new little person in your life. But it is wonderful and I love it.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Amen sister! I totally agree, it is imposible to explain to someone who doesn't have children. And yes, it is amazing to be a mom!

Karenvizzy said...

Awww! I'm so glad I got to hold her... through your belly that is! I'm excited for you and Allan! you two are going to have so much fun and you're going to be great parents!

Emily said...

I know exactly how you feel! A few dancers have asked "What's it like to be a parent?" Like I can answer that in one sentence!