December 16, 2009

Baby Shower

Last Saturday was my first baby shower. It was with the Ambrose family (and my mom and best friend because they just have to be there too). I love my in-laws. It was a lot of fun.

We played a game where you have to pick out safety pins from a bowl of rice while blindfolded. It sounds easy, but trust me, it's not. In fact, it's so difficult that my mother-in-law felt the need to pick out a few before her time started. It didn't help. She still lost. Haha! My mom really doesn't like shower games so she didn't want to participate in the 3 way tie she ended up in. She said to just give the gift to someone else but they made her do it. In my opinion, I think she lost the 2nd time on purpose to make sure she didn't have to do it again. It was so funny! Miranda & I were the only ones who caught it and couldn't stop laughing at her.



After the games came the presents. I must say, I love getting gifts for Baby! I got some wonderful stuff that I can't wait to use. I think my favorite has to be the BYU onesie though. I cannot wait to put her in it!




The guests:

My mom & Miranda


Rosa, my mother-in-law & Abby, my niece


Future sister-in-law Whitney; cousin Kate; sister-in-law Arlen & Aunt Gloria

Liz was the one who ran everything, which is why she isn't in the pictures. She took them. And somehow Allan's stepsister, Margaret, avoided them too.

 Thank you to all who attended. I'm so glad to have you be a part of this exciting occasion!

2 comments:

Liz said...

I was pretty sure your mom lost on purpose too, I just didn't say anything. That is funny, though. I didn't know that she doesn't like shower games, or I wouldn't have made her do it. Oh well, it was fun! Glad you like the onsie, I knew you would. ;)

Jessi and Jared said...

how fun!! :) you look so cute pregnant, and I love that grey sweater! :) I hope all is well, can't wait to see pics of the baby