November 2, 2009

CNA Training

Last month I finally started to put my foot in the door of the field I really want to be in: nursing. I did an 8 day CNA (Certified Nurse Assistant) class.  Although it was only 8 days, it was rough. I was in class from 7-5 for six days and then had 2 days of clinicals from 6-4. I was so exhausted by the end, but it was well worth it! I passed with flying colors. Now I just have to send in my certificate of completion to the state so I can take my state certification test. 

I do have to share a couple of experiences I had at the senior living center I did my clinicals at. As I was walking by, one guy grabbed my upper thigh and said, "Nice!" I couldn't help but laugh. Normally you would chastize them, but it's a dementia and alzheimer's clinic so they don't really know what they're doing. But it sure was funny. 

Another cool thing was that the center is pet friendly because it helps the residents feel more at home. So there were a lot of dogs and cats, but the coolest part is that the center has its own joey (baby kangaroo)! I had to do a double take when I saw him hopping down the hall. He's adorable! Below is a picture of Oscar the Kangaroo. 


3 comments:

Miranda said...

Uh.. how did I miss these awesome stories? A baby kangaroo?! That's crazy! And the old man.. that is priceless! Love the thanksgiving background and such, it's super cute! I think you'll be seeing alot of me with BW gone these next two weeks so prepare yourself for a full invasion.... that looks/sounds alot weirder written out than in my head.Hmmm. Tah tah for now!

Liz said...

Is that kangaroo wearing a diaper?? Awesome! I hope you find a job soon.

CNA Skills Training said...

Those experiences will help you to find a good job and also later in your job.