November 21, 2009

BYU Quilt

Last week was my dad's birthday so I made him this BYU lap quilt. I was telling my mom about all the cool things I wanted to do for this quilt, but she pointed out that my dad just won't notice nor care so I should do something simple. I took her advice and think it turned out quite well. My wonderful mother-in-law and sister-in-law helped me tie it when we went up to Logan to visit. So this was finished very quickly. I think my favorite part is the back. It's a little bit different since most backs are usually one solid color. Instead of doing that, I pieced mine. I think it looks awesome! I'm tempted to make one for myself. GO COUGARS!


My mother-in-law, sister-in-law (Arlen) and me tying the quilt


A close up of the material


My dad showing off the front


My dad showing off the back

1 comment:

Judith Coody said...

Hi everybody! Nice to see a picture of all!
Love,
Judy