February 24, 2011

Sick

I've been so sick for the last couple of days. Last night I had a fever of 102. I honestly cannot remember the last time I had a fever. Granted, I also can't remember the last time I felt this sick - it was probably the last time I had a fever. Go figure.

Luckily for me, my family lives close and my wonderful little sister came down today and watched Lindy all day long so I could rest (and keep my distance from her). When she had to go to work, she took Lindy so my family could watch her until Allan gets out of school. So basically, I have had nothing more important to do than lie around all day. It's driving me crazy.

I think the 2nd worst thing about being sick (2nd only to the fever, chills, congestion, headache, body aches and fatigue) is having to rest. While I do love to sleep, lying around all day drives me insane. I can only pray that I'll never be on bed rest for anything. I think I would die. I'm too much of a busybody. My mom (whom I get the trait from) knows this and has been texting me all day reminding me to rest, even pleading occasionally. I've been on the couch for the last 3 hours and so now I'm going to blog like crazy to keep me occupied. Beware.

P.S. Lindy was really sick a couple of weeks ago. She was throwing up and had diarrhea. Let me tell you, at least 3 diarrhea blowouts a day is NOT fun. We finally had to give her baths everytime instead of wiping her because her little bum was so raw. Poor thing. She lost quite a bit of weight. Check this out:


So sad! Her eyes look so hollow and her face is so thin in this pictures. She'd also had blow outs in all the extra outfits I had packed that day (2) so she was wearing one of Chelsea's tanktops. It took a week to get over. Luckily she's put all her weight back on and looks great now.

No comments: