February 24, 2011

Nursery Paintings

This is another very long overdue post. When we moved into our condo I wanted to have decorations to hang above Lindy's crib. I was thinking I wanted wall hangings that matched her crib bedding, but it didn't come with any. So I decided to paint my own. I got canvases from JoAnns that were already stretched (and 50% off! Woot!), paint from WalMart and freehanded them. I really love how they turned out.


Lindy's bumper pad complete w/ Lindy's ear in the picture

I actually only got one shade of pink, green and purple for all of these. I just used white and black to change the shade. It worked out very nicely.

Lindy sat in her bumbo on the table the whole time I did these. She hadn't yet learned to crawl (like I said, LONG overdue) so she didn't know she was confined in her seat and was SO good. She just sat, watched & babbled at me. It was wonderful.

Now to paint her bedroom walls...I seriously need to get my house all painted before my sister leaves on her mission and I don't have an all-day free babysitter.

4 comments:

The Browns said...

DARLING!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!! You did a fantastic job! Wish I was there to do some with you!

Jessi and Jared said...

Those look SOOO good! Good job! Miss you :)

The DeGiulio's said...

Wow you did an amazing job! Im impressed at all your skills & craftiness.

Rachel Free said...

I am TOTALLY impressed Lexi! Those look awesome!