October 15, 2010

Canada Quilt

One of my really great friends from Canada came to visit this week. He came down to celebrate his birthday down here with friends. For his birthday gift, I made him a shag quilt of the Canadian flag because 1. He's very proud to be Canadian and 2. It gets to at least -40 degrees below up there so a warm quilt will be useful. I think it's so dang cool.

I found it here. I didn't get a pattern or order the whole thing from them. I just saw the picture and decided to do it on my own. Allan helped out a fair bit too. In fact, there were a couple of places on the leaf that I would've royally messed up without him. It's 54" x 72" just like the picture. This one was a lot of fun to make. I love how it turned out!

The front

The back


Closeup of front (that's red lint on it)

Closeup of back






2 comments:

Miranda said...

Very nice! I forgot and never got to see the finished product it looks awesome!

Kate said...

WOW, now that is awesome!! Seriously, You are so talented with those quilts!