August 14, 2009

It's A Girl!

We just found out this morning that we are having a girl. We are SO excited! We were totally shocked when the technician told us. We were both so sure that we were having a boy. The doctor had to actually point it out to us because we just couldn't believe it. We are absolutely thrilled! We were both hoping for a girl. Allan because he loved having an older sister and therefore wanted a girl first and me because we couldn't agree on any boy names, otherwise I wouldn't have had a preference.

It now seems so much more real. Now I feel like we can really start planning. We can start thinking about names and maybe decorate a nursery in our new apartment and I can start buying baby clothes! Ok, I only want to go buy a little dress or something, just because I can now that I know.

I'm starting to think that Allan is more excited than I am though. After the doctor's visit, I had to take Allan to the military unit. When I went to pick him up, he asked me to bring the pictures from the ultrasound. He took them around and showed everyone around unit. I thought it was darling. He's so proud! I think this little girl has got him wrapped around her little finger already.

No comments: