January 6, 2009

New Years

This year for new year's Allan and I went dancing, of course! What else would we do? Allan had two performances at First Night downtown with the Salt Lake Jitterbugs. They had a pretty good turnout and did a great job, despite the freezing weather. Allan is SO fun to watch. He's a natural performer.

We then went to The Depot to dance to the live music of Royal Crown Revue, a new-swing band. I've decided I like new-swing in small doses. It was still fun though. We also competed in the competition that night. We took 4th place. Our prize was $30 off a tattoo. We gladly gave that away. 

The competition was hard because I hate competing, but I did it. I didn't look at the judges for the most part so I did ok, but then at the end, I saw them and kind of freaked out. Oh well. I'll just have to do a better job next time. Below is a picture of some of the competitors and judges. We had a great time dressing up and dancing.


Speaking of dressing up, Allan looks so dang good in his zoot suit. And I had so much fun getting my vintage look on. I LOVE red lipstick and the winged liquid eyeliner. I've included pictures below. I remind myself of Marilyn Monroe with my makeup and short blonde hair. We were smokin'! ;)


At the stroke of midnight, we kissed, danced one more song and then went home. We were home and in bed before 1:00 a.m. We were so exhausted that we just went home and went to bed. I think we're getting old. Ha! :)

1 comment:

Karenvizzy said...

So I HAD to say this just because you specifically mentioned Allan's Zoot Suit! Anyway, did you know that in some parts of Los Angeles (like downtown LA) it is still illegal to wear Zoot Suits?!

I thought it was hilarious when I found that out!