June 28, 2010

Allan's Birthday

Last Sunday was Allan's birthday. He turned 28! My husband is getting so old. ;) It was also his first Father's Day. He was kind of bummed that they fell on the same day so I decided to go all out for him. I got him some new clothes for Father's Day and for his birthday...a WII! He also got Wii Fit & Guitar Hero 5 from friends & family. He's been having a blast with it. Actually, we both have. I got the Wii instead of a PS2 or XBox because they're a bit more family friendly. I don't play by myself, but I really enjoy it when we play together.

Luckily Allan has still been pretty responsible though. I threatened him that if he got addicted and stopped getting things done, I'd sell it. So the day after he got it, he came home & did all the dishes before he played. I guess he really wants to keep it. :)

We went to my family's house for dinner & my mom's brother & his family came over too. My aunt is known for making people work for anything, even gifts. Allan was no different. In order for him to get his birthday gift he had to pop balloons with his butt, spell the year he was born with his butt and then have a string tied to his back belt loop and try to get the string in a water bottle on the floor. It was so dang funny to watch! I wish I had recorded it. So he earned his gift which was a cup that they had put $20 worth of quarters in and then filled with candle wax. So he had to melt all the wax to get the $ and the wick was about 1" long.

I had the idea to boil water on the stove and then stick the cup in. It worked great! The entire candle was melted in less than 10 minutes. The only problem was that there was still wax all over them. And all over my counter. He cleaned all the wax off the quarters. My counter is another story. Hopefully he'll do that soon.

No comments: